View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Snow Day 2/17/15   Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:41 am

Simon Bolivar

The Constitutional System

“The electorate,” he declared,

Has received powers not permitted in other governments which consider themselves most liberal. These attributes approach the federal system. It has appeared to me not only convenient but useful, and also easy to concede to the immediate representatives of the people, the privilege most desired by the citizens of each department, province, and canton. No other object is as important to a citizen as the election of his legislators, magistrates, judges, and clergy. The electoral colleges of each province represent the necessities and interests of those they serve, to complain of the violations of the law, and of the abuse of the magistrates. I venture to say with some exactness that this representation divides the rights enjoyed by the individual governments of the federated States. In this fashion a new weight has been added to the balance against the executive, and the government has acquired more guarantees, more popularity, and new rights, so that it surpasses the most democratic of governments.

This is a two part assignment as we move into the period of Latin American Revolution or the Consolidation of Latin America. Using the included video and your knowledge you are to make connections and explain the cause and affect relationship between what is happening in Latin America and Europe and what is driving these revolutionary movements. Be sure to draw examples from your chapter reading and the Communist Manifesto.

Watch and take notes over the included video:
You must ask one question and comment on two questions to get full credit. You are also to comment in your class page-- BUT feel free to spy on each other for ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwhs.warren.k12.ky.us/pages/tgupton/AP%20World%20Hist

Snow Day 2/17/15
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1